Pen Turner Forum South Africa

A place to find information and show off your pen turning skills in South Africa.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Introduction

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Andybear33

PostSubject: Re: Introduction    Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:55 pm

HenkV wrote:
Good day Folks!

My name is Henk van der Merwe, and I live in Orkney (near Klerksdorp) where I work in a laboratory.

I've been reading about turning pens for a long time, and eventually started turning my own pens about 2 years ago. I find it relaxing and a great way to relieve the stress and worries (have to concentrate on what you're doing else it gets expensive). I've made pens in most of the styles available from Mr Woodturner, but enjoy the fountain pens the most. whenever possible, i use a fountain pen at work. any money made from sales (word of mouth) goes towards new pen kits and interesting blanks.

I look forward to learning from the members and seeing their master-pieces. Smile 

Kind regards,

Henk

Welcome Henk
Back to top Go down
HenkV

PostSubject: Re: Introduction    Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:08 pm

Good day Folks!

My name is Henk van der Merwe, and I live in Orkney (near Klerksdorp) where I work in a laboratory.

I've been reading about turning pens for a long time, and eventually started turning my own pens about 2 years ago. I find it relaxing and a great way to relieve the stress and worries (have to concentrate on what you're doing else it gets expensive). I've made pens in most of the styles available from Mr Woodturner, but enjoy the fountain pens the most. whenever possible, i use a fountain pen at work. any money made from sales (word of mouth) goes towards new pen kits and interesting blanks.

I look forward to learning from the members and seeing their master-pieces. Smile 

Kind regards,

Henk
Back to top Go down
RobBagnall

PostSubject: Re: Introduction    Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:13 pm

Donovan wrote:
Welcome Rob. I am sure that you will enjoy it here. Importing kits is not so daunting as it seems. I hardly buy any local kit any more

Donovan

Am starting a thread on this, would welcome your inputs.

Thanks to all for welcome

Rob
Back to top Go down
Andybear33

PostSubject: Re: Introduction    Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:45 pm

welcome on board Rob
Back to top Go down
Donovan

PostSubject: Re: Introduction    Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:41 pm

Welcome Rob. I am sure that you will enjoy it here. Importing kits is not so daunting as it seems. I hardly buy any local kit any more

Donovan
Back to top Go down
RobBagnall

PostSubject: Introduction    Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:25 pm

Hi,

Quick introduction, As you can see my name is Rob Bagnall, am a retired Veterinarian living in Hermanus.
Have been turning pens for a number of years but only lately in any numbers and have  been selling at markets and by word of mouth.
Am intermediate in skills, and getting tired of just turning "normal" pens and am looking into new materials and also casting my own blanks.

There are a number of pen makers in this area and I will spread the word about this forum.

I think this forum will be of great value to all.

My biggest problem at the moment is the importation of pen kits. I will start a thread on this later.

All the best

Rob
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduction    

Back to top Go down

Introduction
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1