Pen Turner Forum South Africa

A place to find information and show off your pen turning skills in South Africa.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Beartoothwoods

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AB wood

PostSubject: Re: Beartoothwoods   Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:35 pm

Hi Donovan & Rob,

I have also ordered from PSI, the parcel was shipped USPS priority mail. With this option you track it from pick-up to delivery. My parcel took only 3 weeks. My local post office did not send a notification to collect the parcel.

Since I heard rumors of another PO strike, I have all my orders shipped with Skynet as I get very good service from them. They pick up in Europe and Asia.

I have ordered blanks from India from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I think the prices are not to bad (only the minimum order quantity eish!) check them out.

Regards,

Abel.
Back to top Go down
http://abelbadenhorst.co.za
RobBagnall

PostSubject: Re: Beartoothwoods   Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:04 pm

With USPS you are at the mercy of the Post Office !!

At least with UPS it is a full courier.

Also with UPS the paperwork was minimal and all went smoothly with the customs clearance, not like other imports of mine.

Rob
Back to top Go down
Mias Bez

PostSubject: Re: Beartoothwoods   Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:34 pm

[quote="RobBagnall"]
Thank you Donovan
I have an order from PSI now for 9 weeks, it is now in RSA but waiting for the delivery. I hope it is not missing.[/quote]

How was the parcel shipped?  I had one that came USPS and got stuck with the postal strike and took 2 months to get here.(Lucky it came at all I suppose) and the other order UPS and it arrived in exactly 1 week from order to delivery  Very happy with that. I will never use the USPS shipping again, will pay the extra for UPS.

Earlier in the year I ordered from Timberbits Australia and it came with a lot missing, Timberbits and the courier did replace missing parts without cost but they also indicated that  they were thinking of not shipping to South Africa due to stuff going missing. Their problem countries were SA, Brazil and Italy :)

Cheers

Rob[/quote]

Thank you Rob

I did use USPS. If UPS is more reliable, then it is worth the extra costs.
Back to top Go down
RobBagnall

PostSubject: Re: Beartoothwoods   Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:01 am

Thank you Donovan
I have an order from PSI now for 9 weeks, it is now in RSA but waiting for the delivery. I hope it is not missing.[/quote]

How was the parcel shipped? I had one that came USPS and got stuck with the postal strike and took 2 months to get here.(Lucky it came at all I suppose) and the other order UPS and it arrived in exactly 1 week from order to delivery Very happy with that. I will never use the USPS shipping again, will pay the extra for UPS.

Earlier in the year I ordered from Timberbits Australia and it came with a lot missing, Timberbits and the courier did replace missing parts without cost but they also indicated that they were thinking of not shipping to South Africa due to stuff going missing. Their problem countries were SA, Brazil and Italy Smile

Cheers

Rob
Back to top Go down
Mias Bez

PostSubject: Re: Beartoothwoods   Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:40 am

[quote="Donovan"]I tried to buy some kits from Beartoothwoods in the USA. I have bought from them before on a few occasions. This time I had a problem to finish the transaction. I e mailed Ernie the owner to find out what could be wrong and here is his reply.

Hi Donovan,

Sorry about that. I’ve had too many problems with South African delivery and so I removed that as a country where I will ship. Very sorry about that, but I’ve only shipped a few orders there and 2 of them have gone missing. If you have a fedex account of your own I would be willing to use that.

Ernie

Don't wast your time as you can see he is not interested in our business[/quote]

Thank you Donovan
I have an order from PSI now for 9 weeks, it is now in RSA but waiting for the delivery. I hope it is not missing.
Back to top Go down
Donovan

PostSubject: Beartoothwoods   Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:34 pm

I tried to buy some kits from Beartoothwoods in the USA. I have bought from them before on a few occasions. This time I had a problem to finish the transaction. I e mailed Ernie the owner to find out what could be wrong and here is his reply.

Hi Donovan,

Sorry about that. I’ve had too many problems with South African delivery and so I removed that as a country where I will ship. Very sorry about that, but I’ve only shipped a few orders there and 2 of them have gone missing. If you have a fedex account of your own I would be willing to use that.

Ernie

Don't wast your time as you can see he is not interested in our business
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beartoothwoods   

Back to top Go down

Beartoothwoods
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pen Turner Forum South Africa :: Miscellaneous :: Importing pro's and con's-
Jump to: